Thursday 12 November 2015

Cool Brands Research;



Top 5 brands that I admire:

#1. YouTube
My first and foremost choice would have to be without a doubt, YouTube, mostly because majority of my time on browsing consists of entertainment - YouTube gives me all that with endless videos. 

YouTube's brand values consists of (regarding Gillian Dyer's lines of appeal) comedy and humor. Comedy and humor are always people's agreed source of passing time, and that seems to be the majority of the viral videos. However speaking realistically, about almost all of Dyer's appeals can be applied to specifically YouTube, taking note that it is an extremely popular video-sharing website, where anyone can post anything. 

#2. Sony
My second institution would have to be Sony. I admire them because they have pioneered gaming consoles, noteworthy having PS2 sold a milestone of a 150 million units sold in 2011, as well as a staggering 1.5 Billion game copies sold. I admire Sony because I feel it has to do more with the emotional roots of my liking, because having been a child, my days were on the PS2 with endless hours.

Sony's brand values would easily fall into the entertainment department, as they are mainly known for their games consoles, also to mention their expansion with TV's, headphones, speakers, camera's etc. It may even fall into art and culture with cameras involved.

#3. Instagram
My third choice is Instagram. I find the app to give us an insight of the unseen beauty's of the world, hence why it falls into art, culture and history, as well as nature and the nature world's department. You can also find it to be a galore of teenager selfies, which appeals to the self-importance and pride group, but also Dyer's appeal of happy families can also be apart of this as it is in fact, a social media, and you can share photos for your friends and families to see.   

#4. Netflix
Fourth choice would be Netflix. I just find their place in the market so stable, even after all these years of lots of other media outlets coming in, yet still maintaining Netflix popularity to be impressive. Brand values that Netflix possesses are very vague as the only and most likely reason would be for entertainment, therefore has no specific group, but if it were to have one it would fall under "happy families" in my opinion.

#5. Apple
My last choice would be Apple. I find their products to be of excellent quality, along with the undeniable high prices that make it feel much more premium, and definitely meets my standards, speaking strictly for their smartphones, only. Apple's products, especially because of their computers would fall under Dyer's appeal of luxurious, rich lifestyles - I say this because in my honest opinion the prices do not reflect their specifications, but in the end it is still a very nice thing to have.  

No comments:

Post a Comment